Monday, December 1, 2008

Friday

Well on Friday night I entered 3 freeroll tourney's
2 for the APPT Sydney and 1 for the World cup Qualifiers in NZ

Ran pretty well for a while, was up to 12th out of 380ish in the NZ one for a while and then started to get tired and crashed out in about 180th

Went out early in the stage 1 APPT.

However in the direct qualifier I was going very well had a good chance to chip up early as only 2/3 players at the table were active so we were just stealing the blinds in turn. By the time we got down to an actual table playing I was up to 50K in chips (started with 3) and chip leader for the table. About 40th overall.
However the time really started to take it's effect on me, I played until 12:30am before I decided I needed to sleep.
So I just sat out (was about 180 remaining at this time) and checked where I finished in the morning.
Ended up 49th so had I kept playing who knows how I would have gone.

I'm thinking I may stop trying to play in these now, as the start times are just so late - 10 or 10:30pm - so even for a stage 1 it is midnight before I get to bed.
When you start a stage 2 with more chips and slower blinds it just takes way to long

Good luck to all of you on the felt

No comments: