Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Last night

Well as I said in the first post I created this blog mostly due to this beat last night

Was playing in the freeroll tournament for the APPT Auckland event.

I'd missed the first couple of hands while watching the end of a tv show, and must of been in the blinds as I was down to 1455 chips (from the 1500 starting stack)
So I sit down and first hand I get the rockets.
Folds to a player in MP they limp.
I raise to 120
BB reraises to 390
Call from MP
I raise to 1455 (all-in)
Both BB and MP calls
Show cards time
I of course have AA
BB has 22
and MP has Q2
so I'm thinking I'm a huge favourite as BB only has 1 out
Just run the odds on http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_odds/texas_holdem
and pre flop I'm 85% to win
flop comes
4 2 9
I'm now thinking FFS what do I have to do to win a pot?
of course the river and turn both blank for me and I'm out of the tourney

This was after Monday night, all in iso-raise againist a short stack with KK
he called and showed 10 7 off, and of course hit 772 on the flop

What have I done to upset you Poker Gods?

No comments: